Please see the information below from Vice Principal Amanda Malsch…
As the school year comes to a close, students must return materials that belong to the school (textbooks, book bags, classroom library books) and in turn, students need to retrieve their personal belongings they may have left at Prescott (pencil pouches, medicine, calculators, notebooks, Alliant books). The steps below outline materials pick- ups for adults only as children are not permitted in the building.
Please review the steps and the schedule below that will allow us to safely exchange materials:
- Speak with your child(ren) to determine what items need to be returned to Prescott.
- Identify the date/time your child’s class materials will be ready. If you have multiple children enrolled at Prescott, please plan to come to the school only once.
- Come to the school’s main entrance at your assigned time — only one person per family. You must wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of social distancing. You will be given hand sanitizer upon entering the building. You will walk to the cafeteria where student materials will be marked by homeroom teacher.
- Return any materials, including Chromebooks and cords, that belong to the school. Grab the plastic baggie with your child’s name/belongings. If you are returning a Chromebook, we will issue you printed work packets for your child to complete for the remainder of the school year.
Keep in mind:
Parents may NOT enter the building under the following circumstances:
- They are ill.
- They have been ill with COVID-19 and their symptoms first appeared less than 10 days ago.
- They have been ill with COVID-19 and have had a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) within the last 72 hours.
- They are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- They have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 calendar days.
MATERIAL EXCHANGE SCHEDULE
Monday, June 1 from 9-10am → Kindergarten, Bottorf (101) and Bertrams (103)
Monday, June 1 from 10-11am → 1st grade, Kirshner (102) and Stewart (107)
Tuesday, June 2 from 9-10am → 2nd grade, Blundy (104) and Birnbaum (106)
Tuesday, June 2 from 10-11am → 3rd grade, Phares (301) and Stefan (307)
Wednesday, June 3 from 9-10am → 4th grade Swanson (201) and Sophiea (306)
Wednesday, June 3 from 10-11am → 5th grade Lemme (207) and Tracy (206)
Thursday, June 4 from 9-10am → 6th grade Hall (304) and Showalter (205)
Thursday, June 4 from 10-11am → 7th grade Page (203) and Gow (204)
Friday, June 5 from 9-10am → 8th grade Edwards (305)
Friday, June 5 from 10-11am → Anyone who was unable to attend their scheduled pick-up time (be prepared for long lines).
Stay safe, healthy and connected!
Amanda Malsch, Assistant Principal
Prescott Elementary School
1632 West Wrightwood
Chicago, IL 60614