Dear Prescott Community:
Prescott Parents is holding elections for the Board of Directors positions on May 2, 2022 and you are encouraged to apply. There are 9 total board positions to be filled during this election. There are up to 13 Board of Directors positions total.
Currently 4 sitting Board members will retain their positions and will be joined by the new Board members starting July 1, 2022.
Prescott Parents strives to make the Board of Directors representative of the student body and believes that diverse backgrounds make a strong parent organization. Please consider joining the Board of Directors to make an impact at Prescott. Prescott Parents members interested in joining the Board of Directors should submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does the Prescott Parent Board of Directors do?
● The Prescott Parents Board of Directors is a working board.
● The Prescott Parents Board of Directors consists of active volunteers.
● Board members are required to actively attend regular (generally monthly) Board meetings either in person or virtually.
● The Prescott Parents Board of Directors engage in activities to support the educational experience among Prescott students, as a 501c(3) nonprofit organization and to foster a spirit of cooperation, collaboration and community between parents, faculty, administration and staff; students, and the surrounding community.
● Board members coordinate activities of the Wolf Packs to enhance the school facilities, underwrite academic and extracurricular programs, assist teachers in their classrooms, host the annual Prescott fundraiser, build the Prescott community, and coordinate communications to keep the greater Prescott community connected.
Who are the Officers of the Board of Directors?
● The Board of Directors officers include: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
● Officers are elected by the Board of Directors.
● To qualify for the position of President or Treasurer, Board members must have served as a member of the Board of Directors for at least one year.
What is the term length for the Board of Directors?
● Term length is 2 years.
● Terms start July 1, 2022.
● There are no term limits.
Who can run for a position on the Board of Directors?
● To qualify for a position on the Board of Directors, a candidate must be a member of Prescott Parents for at least 6 months and have actively served on a Wolfpack within the past six months.
When are candidate applications due?
● Candidate applications are due April 2, 2022 (attached) and should be submitted to Prescott Parents via email:email@example.com.
Who can vote in the election for the Board of Directors?
● Any member of Prescott Parents can vote for the Board of Directors.
● Automatic membership to Prescott Parents will be granted to:
o Any parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of a child or children enrolled at Prescott during the academic year.
o Any teacher or staff member at Prescott during the academic year.
o In order to vote, make sure you are signed up in Aspen to receive the voting link.
● Neighbors, community and business leaders, and all other persons interested in promoting the Prescott Parents purposes, may be granted voting membership upon registration with the Secretary (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
o In order to vote, registration with the Secretary must take place by April 2, 2022.
How can I vote?
● Online voting will take place May 2-6.
● The voting link will be sent out via Aspen to parents, guardians, teachers, and staff.
● The voting link will be sent out to registered community members via Prescott Parents.
o Email: email@example.com to register by April 2, 2022.
What if I have questions?
● Contact Prescott Parents via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prescott Parents Board
Jen Bushek, President
Amy Cortis, Vice President
Nicole Sebastian, Secretary
Shelley Krepich, Treasurer