Please see below for a message from our Assistant Principal Ms. Amanda Malsch including back-to-school reminders and photos of the construction that has been happening this summer at Prescott. Hope to see everyone at the Popsicle Party!
Hello Prescott Community!
I hope everyone has had a great summer so far! I’m can’t wait to see everyone back on the first day of school. As you can see from some of the attached pictures, lots of construction has been going on in the building. While it’s been challenging to work around the construction, in the end, the building is going to look amazing!
Below are lots of reminders so please read this message in its entirety.
· Thursday, August 29th at 4:30 p.m.: Kindergarten Meet-and-Greet at Prescott for students whose last name starts with A-M.
· Thursday, August 29th at 5:00 p.m.: Kindergarten Meet-and-Greet at Prescott for students whose last name starts with N-Z.
· Thursday, August 29th at 5:30 pm: The Back-to-School Popsicle Party at Wrightwood Park! Come out and visit with friends old and new!
· Tuesday, September 3rd: The first day of school! Student can enter the playground at 8:30 am, their teachers will greet them at 8:45 a.m. If you do not know your child’s homeroom teacher, please refer to the lists that are posted at the main entrance.
· Last year CPS instituted a mandatory background check for all volunteers. I encourage ALL parents to submit an application. A background check is mandatory for any individuals working with students, volunteering in classrooms or attending field trips. Visit www.cpsvolunteers.org and click on “Complete Volunteer Application” and choose Prescott School. Level 1 volunteers are those who work with student MORE than 10 hours a week, a Level 2 volunteer works with students LESS than 10 hours a week. Most parents should apply for Level 2 volunteers.
· School supplies can be dropped off prior to the first day of school between the hours of 9:00-3:00 p.m.
· Looking for uniforms? Visit http://getshirtsfast.com/prescott/shop/home.
· Click here for the Right at School before-and-after school electives for quarter 1. Follow the directions to sign up for programming.