Continuing Tuesday, June 4-Thursday, June 6th, students in grades K-8 take the NWEA-MAP assessment in reading and math. The results are helpful, because they provide data about student learning progress. They also determine promotion for students in grades 3, 6, and 8. For 7th graders, they determine high school application eligibility. For the entire school, the 2nd-8th grade results determine Prescott’s accountability and ranking. Teachers and students use the data to adjust instruction to individual students in the last weeks of school and as a starting place for planning instruction in Sept. Parents will receive detailed information with the 4th quarter report card.
Teachers thoughtfully designed the schedule below to optimize student performance.
Tuesday, 6/4: Grades K, 2nd, and 5th
Wednesday, 6/5: Grades K, 2, 5th
Thursday, 6/6: 7th (Math)– note: 7th grade is changed from Wed to Thurs
To ensure that they do well on the NWEA, please
- Make sure your child, if healthy, is in school on test days.
- Make sure your child sleeps well on the nights before testing.
- Make sure your child gets a good breakfast on test days.
- Remind your child to ask teachers if he or she does not understand the instructions for the test.
- Remind your child not to worry about the test—must to do the best he or she can do.
Please remember to enter and exit the school quietly each morning. Thank you for supporting the students’ success.